Without a doubt, Canton is one of the most outstanding places to live in metro Detroit. It’s one of the reasons why Singh is proud to build new construction homes in Canton and has even developed four different apartment communities here. As a Canton homeowner, you benefit from many recreational opportunities, nearby shopping and dining establishments, and exceptional public schools.
Although numerous events and resources are available all year long, the spring is an especially exciting time to live in Canton. Here are only a few of the things we love to do here in the spring, and we’re confident you will too.
2. Watch a live show at the Village Theatre at Cherry Hill. Spring is an especially fun season here. Here are only a few of the features on the calendar.
- “Mario the Maker” Magic Show, 3 p.m. April 28.
- Prince Tribute Concert, 7:30 p.m. May 11.
- “Constellations,” a love story with a scientific twist, 7 p.m. May 10 and 11 and 2 p.m. May 11
- Neil Simon’s “The Odd Couple,” 7:30 p.m. May 16 and 17 and 2 p.m. May 18 and 19
3. Hit the links at the Pheasant Run Golf Club or the nearby Links of Novi before it comes too hot, and practice your swing at the range to get ready for the summer.
4. Dive into the leisure pool, slide down the water slide, or coast along the lazy river inside the Summit on the Park recreation center. April, May, and early June might be a bit too cool for a swim outside, but it’s pleasantly comfortable in here.
5. Comerica Park is less than 40 minutes away from our Westchester new construction home community, so it’s easy to drive down to watch a game as often as you would like. And you know nothing says “spring” in metro Detroit like the Detroit Tigers and baseball.
6. Canton homeowners can look forward to the township’s Liberty Fest at Heritage Park, which this year is scheduled for June 13-15. It will feature a marketplace, food vendors, carnival rides, midway games, fireworks, and more.
7. Every type of store is only a few minutes away, from hardware stores to grocery stores, which makes living in Canton especially convenient for the grilling season. Between graduations, Mother’s Day, and Memorial Day, that means plenty of trips to the store for foods and cooking supplies.
8. Along those lines, the Canton Farmers Market season will officially kick off on May 12. If you are planning those backyard barbecues or are looking forward to growing your own fruits and vegetables in your backyard, consider shopping local farmers markets for excellent options and as a way to support your community.