If your family is looking for something to do for an afternoon this month, cooling down in a splash zone or sliding into a pool might be the perfect thing for you. As a resident of Novi, South Lyon, or Canton, you have plenty of options for nearby outdoor water parks and splash pads.
While there are plenty of thrilling parks and splash pads throughout Michigan, you won’t even have to drive far to get to these local attractions:
- Turtle Cove Family Aquatic Center at Lower Huron Metropark, 40151 E. Huron River Drive in Belleville: Only about a half hour away from our Westchester residential community in Canton, Lower Huron Metropark as a whole is one of the best places to spend an afternoon, whether you just want to lay back and relax, gather for a family reunion, or hike through the trails. Add the Turtle Cove Aquatic Center to the mix, and the park features something for people of all ages. The center features two waterslides, a lazy river, splash features, and a wading pool.
- Heritage Park Splash Pad, 24915 Farmington Road in Farmington Hills: Perhaps one of the area’s best-kept secrets, Heritage Park is a beautiful, expansive park with scenic views, nature trails, and a fun splash zone. It features fountains and sprayers, as well as a seating area outside of a snack shack. Our Novi homeowners can get there in just about 20 minutes.
- Blue Heron Bay Spray Park at Independence Lake County Park, 3200 Jennings Road in Whitmore Lake: A larger scale splash zone, Blue Heron Bay features water cannons, a variety of water sprayers, slides, and much more. The park itself includes a beach, fishing pier, boat launch, and boat rentals.
- Kensington Metropark’s Splash ‘n’ Blast, 4570 Huron River Parkway in Milford: Located less than 20 minutes away from our Charleston Park homes in South Lyon, Kensington Metropark is one of the most well-known attractions in southeast Michigan. In addition to many other highlights, Kensington Metropark includes a splash zone that features two 240-foot waterslides and a spray ground.
- Heritage Park and Flodin Park in Canton Township, 46000 Summit Parkway and 43399 Saltz Road in Canton: Only about 5 miles from our Westchester homes in Canton, both of these parks include water features to delight young children and adults alike.
Owners of our Singh homes are in the prime location for exciting attractions not only for the spring and summer, but for the fall and winter too! Until then, enjoy the rest of your summer!