If you love spending time outdoors day and night in the summer months, but your backyard could use some freshening up, you can turn it into a luxurious space with just a few techniques. With some clever designs and a little work, you will be able to create an outdoor oasis that you will be able to enjoy just about every day.
Elements to Help You Create an Outdoor Oasis in Your Michigan Backyard
A combination of several elements can help you create a spectacular backyard. Here are just a few ideas for inspiration.
• Overall Theme: Think about the theme you want for your backyard landscaping. Do you want a tropical feel? Then add some cactus plants along the outer edges of your deck and maybe a natural-looking, decorative palm tree here and there. Are you looking for a garden theme? Incorporate beautiful flowers and plants throughout.
• Attractive Lighting: Include aesthetically pleasing lighting that will highlight the beautiful features of your backyard and provide additional safety for your family and guests.
• Beautiful Bar with Stools: If you can, a bar with stools can complement the theme of your backyard oasis perfectly, and you can truly use it as a bar, allowing your family and guests to stay outside for the day or evening.
• Water Features: Just imagine having that drink from the bar while relaxing in your very own inground pool or whirlpool tub right in your own backyard. Your backyard can truly be a thing of beauty. If a full pool or hot tub is not feasible, however, a cascading waterfall feature is another option. The waterfall can include attractive light features and soothing sounds, a perfect touch for those long, comforting summer evenings.
• Separate Gazebo: A separate gazebo set away from your main deck will add a certain appeal, and allow people to walk away to be alone as needed. If you have young children who live in the home, or regularly have young visitors, consider swapping the gazebo for a treehouse – or better yet, have both!
• Fireplace or Intricately Designed Fire Pit: We’re still in Michigan, after all. A fireplace is perfect for the ambience, to keep away the mosquitoes, to roast marshmallows while telling scary stories, and, of course, for cuddling with your loved one under the stars.
• Outstanding Furniture: Use comfortable, solid, weather-resistant furniture that can withstand all four seasons, but make sure it’s of high quality to ensure it matches your luxurious backyard oasis. Choose furniture that will add a pop of color and enhance the character of your backyard, but that is comfortable enough for people to lounge in for hours on end.
• Backyard Canopy: You have plenty of options regarding canopy styles, sizes, and colors. A canopy with netting is especially useful in Michigan to keep out flying insects, allowing you to stay outdoors for as long as you desire.
• Outdoor Kitchen: This is what will turn your outdoor seating area from a place to sit into a place to live. Today’s kitchen designers can incorporate barbecue grills, cabinets, ovens, and even refrigerators into an outdoor kitchen. With an outdoor kitchen, bar, and fireplace within a gorgeous setting, your backyard will be the envy of the neighborhood.
See All that You Can Do
If the idea of sitting in your backyard all summer is enticing, but you’re still looking to buy a home in South Lyon, Canton, or Novi, what are you waiting for? Contact us today through our Singh Homes website to start making your dreams of home ownership come true.